Nice Pattaya pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it's prob that Pattaya seems to get a bashing and the general assumption is that viz is always poor and there's little to see. These photos seem to suggest otherwise...

I've been there twice for a week each time at two different times of year. Vis is generall questionable, though I think there is a lot to see when you can see.

Lots of nice coral, some sharks,fish, turtles, and a couple really nice wrecks...

DORSETBOY:
I think it's prob that Pattaya seems to get a bashing and the general assumption is that viz is always poor and there's little to see. These photos seem to suggest otherwise...

Ok - But this will probably not be enough to make it my dream destination !

I wouldn't travel half way around the world to specifically dive Pattaya, but based in Bangkok I do dive there most weekends. Recently the vis has been 3-5m, however I did see my first ever Nurse Shark (at Koh Rin) last weekend. Theres many macro opportunities, certainly not the abundance of Manado, but there are pipefish, seahorses, nudis and sea moths.
Diving costs as little as $20 for a 2 dive day, I can't recall any other place in the world as cheap as that nowadays.

baragon:
I wouldn't travel half way around the world to specifically dive Pattaya, but based in Bangkok I do dive there most weekends. Recently the vis has been 3-5m, however I did see my first ever Nurse Shark (at Koh Rin) last weekend. Theres many macro opportunities, certainly not the abundance of Manado, but there are pipefish, seahorses, nudis and sea moths.
Diving costs as little as $20 for a 2 dive day, I can't recall any other place in the world as cheap as that nowadays.

What are some of the cheaper outfits you have dived with?

baragon:
I normally I go with Ban's Diving.

Ban's, where are they, and do they have a website?

I've gone with Aquanauts and Neptune in the past. They both have their own boats, which is nice.

Does Ban's do nice dive sites like the Khram?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom