nice stripe..!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a Tang, I think. What kind, I don't know. I've never seen this one before.

Was the tang picture taken at night? I've only seen blue tangs with these colors while they were sleeping.

-Mark

That one's a Blue Tang showing its stripes. They can turn the stripes on and off in about half a heartbeat.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
That one's a Blue Tang showing its stripes. They can turn the stripes on and off in about half a heartbeat.
Rick

Really? I never knew that!

Thanks...

Mike

Cool, I don't remember ever seeing that.

Some fish are truly surprising with their color changes. In this little video, for example, you can see a glasseye snapper go from deep red to nearly white in about three seconds.
Once I watched a big grouper swimming fast over some patchy bottom, changing colors at an alarming rate to match the bottom as he went. Almost spit the reg out when my jaw dropped on that one.
Fish are just neat people. :)
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Some fish are truly surprising with their color changes. In this little video, for example, you can see a glasseye snapper go from deep red to nearly white in about three seconds.
Once I watched a big grouper swimming fast over some patchy bottom, changing colors at an alarming rate to match the bottom as he went. Almost spit the reg out when my jaw dropped on that one.
Fish are just neat people. :)
Rick

Cool trick by the snapper... thanks for the video! I guess the fish watched the octopi, an figured out how to do it...

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom