Nice video about the Farallon Islands Marine Sancuary.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Peter - The video link came up with an error - do you actually have a link for it from like YouTube or something? Maybe not embedding might help? Dunno... :idk:

Loved that. One of my great diving regrets was not booking the Pacific Star charter to the Farallones when they were here. Even after reading Chuck's page on diving there, I still want to go. Flotilla anyone?

Greg, I'll go on your flotilla boat your gonna need a bigger boat!

You are in luck, just upgraded to a Zodiac Pro 9 Man! While the prior owner had it out to the islands twice, making a trip like that in an open 16 foot boat sounds crazy to me. Still, if anyone here has a 30' and wants to tow my Zodiac, I'll join the flotilla!
:D

Nice boat Greg! I wish I could tow a boat that big. It is also a boat I would gladly take out to the Farallon's. I have seen what Paul puts his thru. Folks take their 17' Boston Whalers out there all the time, and the RIB will ride smoother.

The more I see people interact with the Great White sharks at the Farallon's the less I worry about them. We really are not on the menu. The more I see video from the Farallon's the more I want to dive out there. It is one of more remote dive locations in Northern California, that hold decent vis. Definitely worthy of a live boat trip with the currents, and the desire to come up directly under the boat. Also worthy of a top notch dive team.

It is also a boat I would gladly take out to the Farallon's. I have seen what Paul puts his thru. Folks take their 17' Boston Whalers out there all the time, and the RIB will ride smoother.

Thanks Peter, I appreciate all your inflatable advice. I should have clarified in my post above "For a novice like me, taking an open boat out to the islands sounds crazy". Anyway, the allure of the Farallons is a great motivator to become a better diver/captain!

Back
Top Bottom