Night dive at FTW, GeoCache located...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't posted a dive video in awhile and I finally finished this one from a night dive at Fort Wetherill in Jamestown RI. I was with my daughter and one of my regular dive buddies, Mike. We haven't had enough chances to make night dives this season, so this was going to be my daughter's last chance because school was starting up and she is a hard core student going into senior year.

Emily found the SEConn GeoCache that was place in the Sandy Beach Cove a few months ago. I signed it, but it made a heaping mess of silt up getting it open.

Let me know what you think.

Nice vid Rich! FTW always looks better at night. I probably would have mistaken that Geocache for garbage and removed it!

Very interesting ! I don't recall ever seeing a night dive at R I
Certainly makes me appreciate night diving in the kelp forest of Laguna beach

A big Bravo ! for you daughter and her dedication to education

Keep up the good work and posting your videos-- they are appreciated

Sam Miller, III

Nice (and spooky). I would assumed the Geocache was garbage as well. What are those 2" inch long jelly like creatures that are zipper shaped? Saw a bunch last weekend?

Thanks, Those were salps. They are a type of colonial tunicates. They form long, filter feeding colonies. In late summer they can really clear th water.

LOL< with that music, I expected the Swamp Thing to jump out and eat you guys! Nice vid!

OOOHHHH I wanna play! But sheesh that video reinforced my fear of night diving...

Back
Top Bottom