night diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

merkin

Contributor
Reaction score
My job prevents me from diving during the daytime pretty much all the time. I have been to Ginnie many times at night, but are there any other cave-diving places can be dived at night?

I'm hoping if you're diving inside a cave you have more than AOW

Telford and I think Cow (if you are an NSS-CDS member).
I'm sure there are others but those are the only ones I know of.

merkin:
My job prevents me from diving during the daytime pretty much all the time. I have been to Ginnie many times at night, but are there any other cave-diving places can be dived at night?

Merkin,just a word of concern. Your profile lists you as cavern,and I am sure that from your training you know that a cavern at night is a cave dive,which deserves full redundant gear and cave training. I have done quite a few caves at night,and the one common denominator I have always found is that the cavern looks so different and almost disorienting. I remember exit the devil's system during a low flow period,and had to look for the exit,pretty strange.

Sorry haven't updated my profile and having trouble doing it - I am intro-cave. Did manage to change my avatar though...

Haven't been there yet, but is Telford safe(r) at night?

merkin:

Haven't been there yet, but is Telford safe(r) at night?

You run a greater chance of vehicle break in. Leave anything of value somewhere else. The easiest entrance is the head spring,but that would limit your penetration at the intro level due to telford and terrapin sink,but entrance from the sinks can be pretty tricky with minimal lighting.

mattroz:
I'm hoping if you're diving inside a cave you have more than AOW

I agree, however, like parts of Ginnie Springs, Devil's Den only requires OW under normal conditions. The parts of the Den that divers are allowed to access is not truly a cave, but to my understanding, the next best thing.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom