Night shore diving at Fiest Americana?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Harry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is the night shore diving at Fiesta Americana any good?
I've stayed at Scuba Club a couple dozen times, we are trying Fiesta American this year.
I know the night shore diving at Scuba Club is not that great, wondering how it compares to Fiesta Americana.

Diving is Not Allowed within Marine Park Limits without a park certified DM. FA is within Park limits, SC is not.
So, no diving on your own at FA, day or night.

Diving is Not Allowed within Marine Park Limits without a park certified DM. FA is within Park limits, SC is not.
So, no diving on your own at FA, day or night.

That's strange
The dive shop and resort both offer unlimited shore dives

Is the night shore diving at Fiesta Americana any good?
I've stayed at Scuba Club a couple dozen times, we are trying Fiesta American this year.
I know the night shore diving at Scuba Club is not that great, wondering how it compares to Fiesta Americana.

I would advise against it. The current really rips there most of the time and exit points are rare.

Dave Dillehay

If the current is running north you can drift dive to money bar and Dzul Ha reef.

Reactions: BRT
Follow up from our trip in March 2020

Shore diving was permitted at Fiesta Americana only during the daylight hours and within the roped-off swimming area. I think we got down to about 15 feet max. No current. Mostly rubble diving, but a large eagle ray did swim right past us in 10 feet of water. That was exciting.

There was no night shore diving anywhere, except Scuba Club, but you have to be staying at Scuba Club to dive there at night. Scuba Club did permit us to do a daylight dive on their property. It was sad, there were only about 5 people staying there. I'm used to seeing that place packed.

We were unable to obtain tanks to do our own shore diving. All of the resorts required that their tanks remained on their property. We did not go to the gas station to rent tanks directly, as the time and cost just got out of hand at that point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom