Nikkor 105vr in Compact Macro Port M67?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

---Rx---

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've seen in the system chart the port recommended for the Nikkor 105 vr is the Dx Macro Port, but I already own a Compact macro port base and a compact macro port M 67. Will the lens fit or it's too thick?

I have an extension ring (40) too.

Many thanks in advance.

HI Rx-
The preferred setup is the DX macro port base and dx macro port 50 as listed in the system charts HERE.
You're suggested port combination can physically work, however, you will have a fair bit of room at the end of the lens - approx. 35-40mm of space vs. 5mm on the DX ports. We tested it and the lens will focus through the port 67.

Great, many times I add a nikon 5T diopter and I need some space. Thank you very much.

Another question. I have the compact dome and want to buy a Tokina 10-17. Do I need the SX extension ring? And for a Sigma 10-20, is it possible to get decent results? Do I need any extension ring?

Thanks again.

I use a Compact Macro Port 52 with my 105, works great.
No manual focus though, as the ring won't fit in it.
But since I have the Compact Macro Port Base, and several Compact Macro Ports for 60mm and super macro I decided not to buy the DX Macro port.

I use the Optical Dome, almost exact same size, for the 10-20 I found the ER40 works better.
For the 10-17 the SX extension is right on.

Thank you both! Really precise information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom