NIkon 10-24mm zoom gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Harald.

just out of curiousity, have you read this review? Nikon 10-24mm

Ken talks about the barrel extending outwards when zooming, making the lens longer. Did you try wether it fits into the housing at full length? To my understanding the 12-24mm doesn't do that (I don't own it).

The reason I asked about the image abberations (or corner unsharpness), is that with the lens being at varying distance from the dome, will easily experience this if you check in the corner of your imagery.

If you don't mind me asking do you have some test shots you could post here, combined with the focal length you shot them at? This would help alot.

Your help is much appreciated.

Hi Simon!

As I posted before:
The lens can be used with the same Sea & Sea configuration as the 12-24mm.
I tested it above and under water. I works very fine and in my opinion, better than the 12-24mm lens.
There's no problem in the housing at full length.

I can really recommend this lens for underwater usage! Including professional usage like I do.
Just trust me...:wink:

Warm greetings from the lovely Austria,

Harald

Dear Simon!

Congratulation :wink:
Please tell me how you like the lens under water...I'm very interested in your opinion...

Best wishes,

Harald

Hi Harald (and Sea&Sea),

I took the Nikon 10-24 for it's first dive today. We had a sunny Sunday in Sydney, time to get wet and test some gear! Since I don't own the zoom ring yet, I set the lens to 14mm and hoped for the best.

I can confirm all 14mm test shots are looking reasonably sharp across the entire frame. Obviously, once I have the zoom ring, I'll be able to do some more testing across the entire range, but looking good on first impression.

Cheers,

Simon

I took it down last week with the ER40 + SXER on an Optical Dome Port (stuck at 10mm as I still don't have the zoom ring).
I really liked the results, but it was a pretty dynamic shooting, no conclusion on the corner softness.
I will do some pool tests with several configurations this week maybe, and get back to you.

Sea&Sea "official" configuration just came up:
SXER + NX Fisheye Dome or NX Compact Dome with Focus Ring #31121 (same as 18-70)...
I think is works a lot better (at least in my Optical Dome - same as Compact for this matter) with both the ER40 + SXER... I just ordered the Focus Ring... let's check!

More info on my website.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom