Nikon D3200 and Ikelite Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnya1966

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Nikon D3200. I'm not much of a photographer, but I would like to get into the underwater photography. As a newer diver I am in no hurry. I should be a totally mastered diver before getting into photography.

Does anyone use the combination I am thinking of using? It seems that Ikelite has the only housing to fit my camera.

Just looking for feedback.

John

Using the d3200 with Ikelite housing myself. Works good!
Sigma 10mm fisheye for wide, and nikon 105mm for macro. Don't think there are any other housings for this camera.

My wife has a D3200 that we took underwater for the first time back in August using the Ikelite housing. I was very happy with the way the camera worked and the shots we got. We used a Tokina 12-28 behind a dome and I was very happy with the results for most shots. But as you would expect with a WA lens behind a dome, it lacked the sharpness I would really like for more closeup shots. We recently bought a Nikon 60mm f2.8 lens and I will be buying a flat port for it to give my wife for Christmas. After shooting the 60mm on some nature macro shots on land, I am excited to see what she can do with it underwater.

My wife has a D3200 that we took underwater for the first time back in August using the Ikelite housing. I was very happy with the way the camera worked and the shots we got. We used a Tokina 12-28 behind a dome and I was very happy with the results for most shots. But as you would expect with a WA lens behind a dome, it lacked the sharpness I would really like for more closeup shots. We recently bought a Nikon 60mm f2.8 lens and I will be buying a flat port for it to give my wife for Christmas. After shooting the 60mm on some nature macro shots on land, I am excited to see what she can do with it underwater.

You might want to consider a diopter then for cfwa and more corner sharpness. :) if using a 6"dome you should get an 8". I think they give more sharp photos.

Using a +2 diopter and 8" dome already. I really think it is just a limitation of a WA zoom lens behind a dome. Down beyond a certain level you just aren't going to get tack sharp resolution and focus on small objects. It can happen, but it isn't really what the combo excels at.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom