nikon w300 versus olympus TG-5 with housing, with gloves on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbelvadi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I'm trying to choose between a Nikon W300 and an Olympus TG-5 with housing for additional depth, for diving up to about 90 feet. Even in warm Carib waters, I need to wear at least 2-3mm gloves for medical reasons, and I also want to be able to easily switch between video and still photo modes while underwater with gloves.

Does anyone have any experience of either or both of these who can advise me which will meet my gloves+switch-modes needs?

Also if you have any comments about the white balance issue, need for red filters, etc. for either, I would love to hear that too, because if either is awful for that, that would probably be the deciding issue for me. I don't currently have a rig with external lighting but might occasionally be able to point a dive video light with my other hand.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom