nitek duo/trio for x64?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well for those interested I have figured out a work around that was honestly too obvious for me to see initially I guess.

Anyone with win 7 pro or ultimate(x86 or x64) can run a windows virtual PC in xp(x86) for free from windows Windows Virtual PC: Home Page

It's a fairly lengthy but simple round about way to make it work.

Hi BoneDoc,

We're debuting a new tech computer at DEMA (non-Seiko, btw!) and will quickly follow with a rec to tech version.

Kathleen

Any word or link to this new product since dema is going on right now?

Well for those interested I have figured out a work around that was honestly too obvious for me to see initially I guess.

Anyone with win 7 pro or ultimate(x86 or x64) can run a windows virtual PC in xp(x86) for free from windows Windows Virtual PC: Home Page

It's a fairly lengthy but simple round about way to make it work.

Would you mind telling me what driver you used for the usb cable. I have tried the MS VM and the VMWare VM and cannot get either to see the USB cable.

K

Would you mind telling me what driver you used for the usb cable. I have tried the MS VM and the VMWare VM and cannot get either to see the USB cable.

K
It self installed I think? Can't remember for sure, will have to get back to you

so plug the cord in, look in the upper left corner of the virtual pc window where it says usb, click and a drop down box will show up that says usb serial controller, click attach, it will ask you to connect to windows yada yada. Click connect to windows, then it will ask about installing manually vs auto, click auto and next/fin, a 2nd box will pop up because the driver is unsigned or something to that effect, install anyway. At this point you're good to go.

Hi BoneDoc,

No and we're moving on. We're debuting a new tech computer at DEMA (non-Seiko, btw!) and will quickly follow with a rec to tech version. We continue to support all TRIO and DUO users, but have made no headway with Seiko and we've had enough of their lack of customer service which reflects badly on us and other manufacturers who carry the product. I am sorry and I wish I had better news.

Perhaps diminishing sales in the future will spur Seiko to step up? Doubtful...but we will see.

Kathleen

Any word on this "new" computer???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom