Nitrox at Komodo land-based?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitrox is a must for me.

I went to Komodo 3 x on liveaboards, so I don't know much about any land-base resorts in Komodo. It's better to dive there on liveaboard, especially the southern region, too far to reach by day boats, so it's less crowded, away from riffraff, more quiet & remote.

Indo Aggressor has Nitrox. Also Adelaar Liveaboard, Duyung Baru, Oceanic, Sea Safari VII

I have never been in any of them so, no clue about them.

Chilly, I missed the timing of your trip. As you know, many LoBs have Nitrox, very good guides, aircon, and decent food. Plus, you can visit the southern and western most dive sites.

I agree with Luke regarding many day boats and high-end LoB, many guides do not really truly understand the dive sites, nor are they knowledgeable about fish and coral life. I have seen guides from LoB’s miss the split point for entry, or just miss the correct entry based on currents, tides, and lunar cycle. At certain tides, many great Komodo dive sites are so-so at best.

Chilly, I missed the timing of your trip. As you know, many LoBs have Nitrox, very good guides, aircon, and decent food. Plus, you can visit the southern and western most dive sites.

I agree with Luke regarding many day boats and high-end LoB, many guides do not really truly understand the dive sites, nor are they knowledgeable about fish and coral life. I have seen guides from LoB’s miss the split point for entry, or just miss the correct entry based on currents, tides, and lunar cycle. At certain tides, many great Komodo dive sites are so-so at best.

What and/or where are you recommending then please?

The window for Komodo is late April to Late August. Many boats transition from Raja Ampat in late April and return in early September. PM me regarding LoB’s.

Yes, I know this but I'll be in SE Asia during the winter months and as I wish to experience Komodo, I'm kinda stuck with that time of year.

Yes that's right, i forgot they were recently proposing Tech diving.
On the other hand while I'm happy with their suite on ther liveaboard, you should check out they still operate their speedboat, otherwise slow boats are a real pain in the neck.

lol.
Not sure a sushi restaurant is what Chilly is looking for.
Hi Luko. Happy Banana not only offers sushi. Big menu with plenty of healthy options.

Where do you recommend that your divers stay during their time in LB?
Depending on your wishes and needs there are plenty of options in town. Check Bay view Gardens, Eco Tree Lodge, or if you want something fancier Villa Domanik.

Azul, it looks like your op is very focused on courses.

Back
Top Bottom