Nitrox Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman:
What's wrong with diving the tables??

I added in the computer as another layer of protection for the unsupervised Nitrox student. Maybe if there was something that just made noise at a computed 1.4ata po2 I would be equally happy.

I did basic Nitrox with SSI and it did require 2 dives. Anyway it was a good excuse to dive with a very good instructor - so during the dive we did a lot of other skills.
And you have to understand the dive planning when diving nitrox - also without computer. While I think computer is a good thing to have you can't rely only on it - after all it may break down and then what?
Mania

I combined the PADI nitrox course with another course and got a price break. We did 2 dives and by physically going thru the process of analyzing the gas, setting your computer with the actual FO2, setting the PO2, planning the dive profile taken into account the MOD, etc, was very reinforcing. A good diver is always learning as they say.

Cobra852:
I've been considering getting Nitrox Certified. I know PADI and NAUI require 2 dives to get the Cert.. I recently found a class at an SSI shop that doesn't require dives.

My question is: How important are the instructor lead Nitrox Certification dives?

I'm sure the classroom material is almost the same just a different name on the tables. So given proper training do I really need the added expense of an instructor lead dive to get the Cert.?

Thanks

I assume that you like diving, right?

If yes, then I don't understand the question: are you looking for excuses to NOT go do two dives???? :wink:

Honestly, there are no in-water skills with PADI's EANx dives -- that's why you can combine EANx with e.g. AOW. If your instructor is worth his salt, he'll either take you to see something cool as any other odd fun-dive, or he'll do a bouyancy-clinic with you (with the mantra that respecting MOD is paramount with EANx and/or that good bouyancy is always important).

But seriously: looking for excuses to NOT do two dives on a scuba forum is....well....a little odd :wink:

There was just a thread on here last week, it had alot of good info, search for it, i belive it will compliment this thread

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom