NITROX fills in Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brew77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello,

I will be moving to Sasebo Japan at the end of December. I am in the military and I know there is a dive shop on base. I am trying to find out info on NITROX fills.

1) Does the base fills NITROX?
2) If the base doesn't, then is there a dive shop in town that will?

Also, I will be looking for dive buddies when the time comes and my first stop when I get there is going to be the base dive shop. I'm just trying to find out some advanced info. Thanks.

Not sure about fills on base up at Sasebo but if you have US tanks you will not get them filled off base with nitrox or even air most likely. In Japan the tanks will need a Japanese hydro and inspection and Nitrox stamp for nitrox. Hopefully the base can support your fills as this will make it much easier.

Yep, it would be. The base will be my first stop. I was told by a friend that the base doesn't offer the NITROX course. So I'm not sure if they just don't do the course or they don't do the course because they don't offer NITROX fills. Anyway, I guess I'll find out when I get over there. Do you know if Japanese dive shops normally fill nitrox or rent the tanks?

Oh yeah, I will be traveling to Okinawa for work, so I will be looking into doing some diving over there. I hear it's awesome. Thanks for the response.

Nitrox is available over here but can be a bit pricey- on Okinawa nitrox rental is Y1200 per tank.

That's not that pricey, considering you are renting the tank. I know dive shops stateside that charge more than that for filling your own tank.

Back
Top Bottom