Nitrox Tables Request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Random Dude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all, about to take the PADI Nitrox Specialty, but was informed that PADI now no longer teaches the specialty via tables, instead relying on a dive computer.

Therefore, I would like to learn about the tables by myself and use it as a backup. However, currently am facing difficulties finding the tables in good resolution.

Does anyone have the soft copy of Nitrox tables for EAN32 and EAN36 for metric?

Also, do I need a equivalent air depth table? Or would the formula EAD = [ (FN2 / .79) x (D + 10) ] – 10 be enough for calculations?

Thanks in advance the help!

If you are searching for "padi nitrox tables pdf" you may want to look elsewhere....

I'm suprised you can't find an instructor who will teach nitrox tables. I don't know one in Canada who doesn't... Even if they do teach the computer based course. Perhaps ask around.

Cheers,
Cameron

@OzMikeM Thanks a lot for the share!
@northernone I'm only going for the class next week. Though not in the syllabus, instructor seems to be okay with answering questions on this after the class, so thought that I would read up and get the basics down. That way, it should get a lot easier when getting to the questions part.

I took the PADI EAD course and didn’t know what I didn’t know. Now I am studying and training with RAID and their Nitrox course is MUCH more in-depth. Discussing in detail about PPO2. MOD, TOD, CNS exposure, hyperoxia, Dalton’s Law, EAD and Pulmonary Oxygen Toxicity.

It is so technical I felt like I went from kindergarten to a Masters Degree program. That is not a knock on PADI but the only fair analogy I could make. Then again RAID started as a rebreather organization so being very technical makes sense.

The training manual includes tables for max OTU limits as well as a CNS Surface Interval Credit Table.

@PunkabillyTurk Yup, that's really true, therefore I will just read up on myself for now, and then go for TDI Advanced Nitrox or some other course.

Btw, I manage to find reasonably clear images of the tables, so thought that I would share with all who's interested.

Image 1, 2 - PADI EANx32 (Imperial)
Image 3, 4 - PADI EANx36 (Imperial)
Image 5 - PADI EAD Table (Imperial)
Image 6 - PADI Oxygen Exposure Table
Image 7, 8 - PADI EANx32 (Metric)
Image 9, 10- PADI EANx36 (Metric)
Image 11 - PADI EAD Table (Metric)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 12,237
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 20,717
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 2,879
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 11,862
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 6,488
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 7,427
  • 7.gif
    7.gif
    27.9 KB · Views: 4,290
  • 8.gif
    8.gif
    19 KB · Views: 4,316
  • 9.gif
    9.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 4,891
  • 10.gif
    10.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 3,754
I took my padi nitrox course with a instructor who on top of being a padi I'd staff instructor is a tdi and padi trimix instructor.

I did not learn on computer and spent alot of time learning alot more in depth than the padi book and also alot of time on working air equivalents why have all the nitrox tables when you can just have an air table and just work the air equivalent out yourself

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom