Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With out a doubt the TDI course is more comprehensive. It deals with gas management which is largely left out of the PADI curriculum (unless it's changed).

A local TDI instructor mentioned to me that whenever he gets a student for his Advanced Nitrox class who took the basic course from PADI, he needs to plan on time spent bringing them up to speed. I thought the TDI Nitrox class was well worth it--I doubt that I will ever take another PADI class.

Our shop offers both - and teach them pretty much the same way (different tables from each agency though). A good instructor will provide all the necessary information, knowledge and skills. Either course should be sufficient as an introduction to nitrox for recreational purposes (up to 40%). TDI Advanced Nitrox or PADI/DSAT Tec Deep can take you beyond that if you are so inclined. Hope this helped. Cheers!

NetDoc:
With out a doubt the TDI course is more comprehensive. It deals with gas management which is largely left out of the PADI curriculum (unless it's changed).

It hasn't changed. No gas management in any course up to and including Rescue (and I can't speak to DM because I pretty much refuse to take another PADI course :) )

dive_lover88:
Padi introduced nitrox and it's tek diving program only recently am i correct?

My PADI Nitrox card is dated 13 Dec 97.

PADI set up DSAT as a seperate organisation more recently for tech diving.
The whole PADI philosophy is that it is for non deco recreational diving, hence the straightforward nitrox course and hence DSAT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom