No buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

https://www.meetup.com/BeachDivers/

This group dives very often and very easy to join them and find a buddy. :)

Plus one for Meetup, and finding buddies thru the internet in general (you can post in the So. Fla. regional board here, or look for So. Fla. facebook divers groups). If there's a group dive, that's great, but you can also just find a buddy willing to dive that day.

Like you, my wife doesn't dive. And Im cheap, so if I can find a local shore dive buddy, I prefer it to paying for a boat and possibly find myself in a big group following a DM.

I used Meetup to shore dive in Oahu (great buddy too, took me to Electric Beach, showed me caves where sharks slept), I think I used scubaboard to find a buddy for Catalina. They were guys who just wanted to dive, and I wanted to dive, so it all works out.

I don't know if you want to travel up to WPB. But Blue Heron Bridge is also a neat place to dive to see some stuff.

I don't know if you want to travel up to WPB. But Blue Heron Bridge is also a neat place to dive to see some stuff.

This is a very easy shore dive too. Little current and no shore surf. You just need to time the tides for the clearest water.

Lots of chill people to tag along with as well. Don't forget your dive flag. You can rent them.

Its also a shallow dive (10-20 feet) so your gas will last forever.

Back
Top Bottom