No deco time proximity.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I said what I said because it promotes the thinking diver that’s not dependent on a computer and doesn’t just listen to what their computer is saying blindly. I’m speaking for myself when I say that I want to not be in the camp that can’t execute a dive because they don’t have a dc. That’s just silly.

You are clearly being agitated or insulted by my posts and I see no clear reason why.
Do you execute a dive without a computer? Do you use alternate means to monitor time and depth? Some dives can safely be done with no timing device and no depth guage, but you would have to be sure you are not exceeding certain depths and times and also can regulate the ascent rate.

The more common problem is people not understanding their computer and doing non sensIcal things, We should have a good enough understanding of depth and time to safely arrive on the surface after a failure, but there are not that many recreational divers who are not using a computer.

I follow my computer and might add in some extra safety measures, especially if I am cold or tired or worked hard or just got a feeling that this is not the time to push things. To be honest, I am pretty dependent on it.

Do you execute a dive without a computer? Do you use alternate means to monitor time and depth? Some dives can safely be done with no timing device and no depth guage, but you would have to be sure you are not exceeding certain depths and times and also can regulate the ascent rate.

The more common problem is people not understanding their computer and doing non sensIcal things, We should have a good enough understanding of depth and time to safely arrive on the surface after a failure, but there are not that many recreational divers who are not using a computer.

I follow my computer and might add in some extra safety measures, especially if I am cold or tired or worked hard or just got a feeling that this is not the time to push things. To be honest, I am pretty dependent on it.
I use my computer as a bottom timer.

specifically....

I'm staring at that table trying to figure out what the "T time" column is... I have to conclude that it's the divers who don't stop at 15 metres and then drink tea for 12.5 minutes, who most benefit from a 10-minute safety stop.

I use my computer as a bottom timer.

So you rely upon it to provide depth and time, but it is "silly" to rely upon it for a calculation of N2 absorption or loss?

I understand that if you use it as a timer and depth gauge, then you have to think more and actively time ascent rates etc., but from my perspective it is a relatively minor distinction.

So you rely upon it to provide depth and time, but it is "silly" to rely upon it for a calculation of N2 absorption or loss?

I understand that if you use it as a timer and depth gauge, then you have to think more and actively time ascent rates etc., but from my perspective it is a relatively minor distinction.
If you read my previous post correctly, you would see that what I said was silly, was in fact not about using computers. I said it was silly to be so dependent on a dc that if you didn’t have a dc, you wouldn’t be able to execute a dive safely or comfortably. I’m speaking common sense and there are a few tech divers here that support what I’m saying. Not saying computers are bad just too much reliance on them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom