No diving in the Bahamas other than on Nassau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm not going to be at Nassau long enough to dive. Is there diving on Freeport?

Grand Bahama, where Freeport is located, has good diving. There are nice reef as well as wreck dives and an abundance of reef sharks including shark feeding dives. The visibility has been excellent every time we've been there (70' to 100') There are a handful of good dive operators such as Grand Bahama Dive, Xanadu and Caribbean Divers. Depending on the season, there are also fresh water cave dive sites on GB as well. The Port Lucaya area is probably the most fun part of the island.

thanks, googling them right now..

cool, my wife plans on doing the Dolphins and I'm looking for the sharks

If you need transportation, some of these shops will pick you up and drop you off after your dives (Xanadu), some will pick you up and drop you off when the shops dives are over...or you can take a taxi back (Grand Bahama Scuba), and some don't have pick up at all (Unexso).

This info is certainly subject to change.

thankyou, this is good to know

Try Unexso in Port Lucaya Marina. I was there a couple of weeks ago. Some great diving there. I did Theo's Star which is a wreck in 103' on the edge of a wall.

Try www.unexso.com

TOM

Seems most of the shops do a morning 2 tank dive at 9am. That's when we'll be in port. No way the cruise ship's going to let me get off ontime for those dives. Guess it will be a 1tank dive around 2pm. Still comparing dives and transportation. For now thinking of the shark dive around 2pm which a couple of these shops offer. Waiting on some more info from them.
Xanadu doesn't do shark dives on Wednesdays. Unexso does. Still checking others. Transport comes into play. If they can provide transport, great. If not, I'll take a taxi but not if its $30 away.
Thanks for the info guys.

Ahhh, transportation from the port? No one but taxi's can do that. Should cost you $10 going (they'll put you in a minibus with others) and $20 returning.

You'll find lot's of food in Lucaya, and that's where you'll find Unexso.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom