No Halcyon/BtS customer service!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Halcyon/BtS and their customer service are getting on my nerves. As some of you know, I recently bought a Halcyon Flare torch through Xpertdiver which turned out to be faulty, as it had a drain current that made it turn on automatically when submerged in salt water. The seller, Xpertdiver, took charge of submitting the defective torch to BtS for repairs -no substitution was ever intended. As of that day, 12 days ago, no replacement, fixing or even answer to my e-mails from BtS Europe.
Is this the reputation expected from a German company such as BtS, which deals with supposedly high quality goods like Halcyon? Is this what they call customer service??
Will I have to start ranting around as if I had purchased a Chinese torch from a dubious Internet dealer??

Here proof of fault:

That would get me fuming. Perhaps a call to Halcyon in USA would be next in order.

Very odd, if you aren't hearing back from BTS service I would contact Halcyon Technical Services to get the issue mediated. Halcyon is a firm believer in getting their divers back in the water and standing behind their products.

It seems there has been a change in distribution:
* This website reported in January (in German) that the distribution for Europe has moved to the south of France
halcyon europe

* Bts Europe does not present products by Halcyon any more, only Bts, DUI and Nogravity
Dealer

* Halcyon's website doesn't mention any distributor e.g for Germany (and doesn't mention Spain at all) but shows 'Halcyon Europe' for France situated in Rivesaltes, near Perpignan in the south of France
Distributors - Halcyon Dive Systems

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom