No More Plastic Grocery Bags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Every time I reflect upon this and similar issues I come to the conclusion that, in order to save the world, we need to change our lifestyle to one where we don't need bags. No other creature on this planet needs bags or resorts or cars etc and they'd probably be getting along just fine if we weren't here.
Civilizations have been defined by how they store and carry items, i.e. pot makers, basket makers, etc.

It'd be better if we grew enough industrial hemp to take over that market, but that's a new revival that is going to hurt a lot of farmers for a while.

Some farmers around here got their licence to grow industrial hemp. The report after the first harvest wasen't very good. It seems it was grown for CBD oil, not for the fiber, and the market has a glut of oil so they are not making the money they planned.

One would think that they could start makeing paper bags out of all the recycled paper that is stacking up since China has reduced buying our recycles. Actually some places have to put the recycles into landfills because the market for them is decreasing and they have to go somewhere.

Bob

Every time I reflect upon this and similar issues I come to the conclusion that, in order to save the world, we need to change our lifestyle to one where we don't need bags. No other creature on this planet needs bags or resorts or cars etc and they'd probably be getting along just fine if we weren't here.
Enjoy yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom