No new news on Truk? Planning to go with Thorfinn, any recent opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread, I am going on the Thorfinn in early January for 2 weeks and will post on my return.
Have a great Christmas and new year.
kevin

SADS669 - you will love it.

We have book again for Nov'2015.

Just got back from 68 dives in 2 weeks. To coin an American phrase " these guys rock" everything about the trip was outstanding and I think some of the negative comments I read before going were either bogus or written by people with an ulterior motive. Yes the A/c did break down twice, but only for an hour or so and the Captain got right on it and it was fixed by the time we got back from our dive, which is what I would expect of anyone operating in a very remote area.
The safety programme is second to none that I have ever experienced. I noticed also it was in no way oppressive, if you want to push it you can but advice is given based on the dive Managers knowledge and experience and you either follow his opinions or you don't.
Great food and a terrific cabin, if you want to Eat, Sleep and Dive as I did, there is no other operator you should even look at. Great job, well done at a terrific price.

We dove Truk from the Truk Aggressor. It was a great week. The boat tied up to a wreck and we were on our own unless we requested a DM. Major rule was to be back BEFORE they moved the boat! The briefings were excellent -- what to see and where to find it, where not to go and what not to touch. We didn't have to use zodiacs. By the end of the first day, every buddy team was on a different schedule. Sometimes we were the only 2 on a wreck. The twilight dives were fascinating. I loved the freedom of diving when I wanted to. We were there at the 50th anniversary of the bombing.

I just got back from Truk. We were during the 70th anniversary of Operation Hailstone. The Odyssey rocks..the only way to do it. A couple of people I know stayed at the Truk Stop and had issues with the food all week. They said after they ate they were always not feeling to good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom