No PADI Cert Card yet. Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grover48

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was signed off for my certification card on October 5, 2008. I still have not received my cert card. I contacted PADI and was told to send a copy of my temporary cert card and a new photograph. I submitted it via email Monday. I contacted PADI today to check on the progress of my card and received the following message:

"I tried to process your card but unfortunately the system would not allow me to as there is a Quality Assurance problem."

Can anyone tell me what this means? PADI is closed and I cannot get an answer til Monday.

That sounds bad to me...
Like the "instructor had his license revoked" kinda bad. Hope Im just being negative and its a simple matter of missplaced paperwork or something along those lines..

I was signed off for my certification card on October 5, 2008. I still have not received my cert card. I contacted PADI and was told to send a copy of my temporary cert card and a new photograph. I submitted it via email Monday. I contacted PADI today to check on the progress of my card and received the following message:

"I tried to process your card but unfortunately the system would not allow me to as there is a Quality Assurance problem."

Can anyone tell me what this means? PADI is closed and I cannot get an answer til Monday.

Due you have your temporary card handy??

Give me or any other Instructor his Instructor number and we can check his status, Hell I think you can do it as well on the PADI website.

If you want me to send the Number to me in a PM.

Thanks Don for the offer. Jim checked last night and the instructors info on the PADI sight says he is no longer available.... whatever that means.

I had gone to the Sport Chalet store in Bakersfield, CA. and paid them for the class, and spent time in their classroom, and took the final exam there. I also went on the open water dives and paid through them. Now I am still trying to get my cert card.

Have you approached the dive shop? Are they going to make it right? If not, I think you should post the instructor's name...It might not do anything, but it may help the next person avoid any problems. Maybe even call PADI and let them know the LDS is sponsoring classes from an instructor with no credentials.

Steve

AFAIK Sports Chalet is a huge business and wouldn't willingly employ an instructor with his/her credentials suspended or revoked. I'd go straight back to them and find out what they can do for you. Obviously PADI is already aware of something regarding the instructor and if the store number is filled out on the temp card, they know that too.

Rachel

Here is what I suggest. Take your temp card to another PADI shop and have them use it to look up your cert in the PADI system. If they can't find it, they will probably call PADI to try and get more info. PADI is more likely to talk to one of their 5 stars than an individual diver. If some SB members already handled this part for you, skip it and fast forward... If it turns out there is no record, I'd go back to the shop you trained with and throw all of this info in their face. Doing this might seem odd, but when it comes to disputes with a business, your best chance of getting them resolved is to overwhelm them with facts that are in your favor. Their solution may be something as simple as resubmitting your paperwork under another instructor's number. However, if they do that, I would start to seriously question the quality of your training. If they go that route, I think in the interest of your own safety, you should find another shop or instructor and sign up for a refresher course but also explain the reason why you are signing up, i.e. "I have reason to doubt the quality of my initial training"... Refreshers should not cost much but they will run you through all of the required skills. And, once you explain the situation, any instructor worth his card will likely go above and beyond the basic refresher to help you out as much as possible. Getting your C card is obviously important, but the much more important thing here is to ensure you have the necessary training and skills before diving outside of a training environment. Good luck, let us know how this turns out!

PM sent

I have been going back to the Sport Chalet store since I got back from my dive trip to Mexico. While I was there, I dove several times with an instructor to bring my skills up. I was cetified on October 5, 2008 and left on vacation October 21, 2008.

I have contacted the store several times and been given the generic "Your infor was sent in, be patient" to "We will look into it" and now "Yes there is a problem and the instructor has been blackballed by Sport Chalet".

It will now be Monday before I can continue my quest. The store has offered to let me join in another class to do the classroom part again. Nothing yet on who pays for the open water dives. I am still without a cert and have dive trips booked for January.

Back
Top Bottom