No tables no buddy breathing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting indeed. Yes, I do know how to buddy breathe. In OW I was only shown how & did not do it. Once I started training in technical diving, it was mandatory. In fact we had to swim 4 pool lengths with no mask, in full technical rig, while buddy breathing. Not easy,.... especially during turn arounds.

Thats what we had to do in 1970 for the NAUI certification being taught us by a club, the Atlantis Rangers. And to really get us hating life we had to sucessfully complete the drill using a double hose reg and then a singal hose reg as it was unknow which we would rent or buy so we had to be prepared and learn how to dive w/ both types of gear. those who went thru early certs didnt have to feel left out when advanced certs appeared. We were not shorted any training thru Naui in that class of 1969-1970 unfortunately there was a high attrition rate ............. a bunch never contined to check out dive phase.

Thats what we had to do in 1970 for the NAUI certification being taught us by a club, the Atlantis Rangers. And to really get us hating life we had to sucessfully complete the drill using a double hose reg and then a singal hose reg as it was unknow which we would rent or buy so we had to be prepared and learn how to dive w/ both types of gear. those who went thru early certs didnt have to feel left out when advanced certs appeared. We were not shorted any training thru Naui in that class of 1969-1970 unfortunately there was a high attrition rate ............. a bunch never contined to check out dive phase.

I had to grin at that:D. In 1969- 1970, I was just beginning to learn how to swim (& I was only 1 yr old). I didn't learn to dive for many moons, until 2005.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom