NO where close to Matt....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, I'm trying to take a step at a time and at each step, learn everything about that step before moving up to the next.

Make sense? :)

Michael

mwhities:
Thanks, I'm trying to take a step at a time and at each step, learn everything about that step before moving up to the next.

Make sense? :)

Michael
not a bad idea... just don't get too hung up on some of the steps. I've seen people (instructor candidates even) get hung up on some really small stuff -- like the fact that working some of the PADI problems in Imperial gives drastically different answers than Metric... these are individuals that ADMIT they wouldn't know or care anything about Metric, but they are still upset about the answers being different.

Bottom line: don't sweat the small stuff. :)

Definitely. I'm going to try to not get hung up on anything, I just want to soak it up as much as I can. Once I feel comfortable with everything I can, I'll than head up.

Thank you all so much again.

Michael

You can do anything you want to do Michael. Regardless of whether you instruct you can always dive and diving is a great family thing to do. With a new baby coming and a wife you have the possibilty of a lifetime of fun.

I didn't mean to sound so harsh regarding evaluating ability and liabilities but that is something every instructor, disabled or not, needs to consider. I've always believed you can do anything that you really want to do. If you come to a roadblock find a way around it. I don't know your complete physical situation but it sounds to me your making the best of it and have the right mindset.

I hope you will persevere and get your instructor rating, god and the instructor evaluator be willing. And once you get your instructor don't overlook the value of a good assistant. Everybody needs help from time to time. Prior to my accident I was probably the least likely to admit I needed or ask for help. Very quickly after my accident I discovered the value of well meaning assistance. When you are flat on you back, unable to move for 3 months you need help with everything and I mean everything. I've found that a good assistant makes openwater very easy and, many times, satisfies the concerns I have for my students in light of the problems I have.

If you have any specific questions you can pm me any time.

i have a c-spine injury of the c1-c6 and i am working on my divecon c-card from ssi i can not get some one out of the water on to a boat but i can help some one in the water and when i get on the boat so if i can do the divecon class i think you can do it to

All the best of luck, Michael! The sky is the limit... :thumb:

Thanks all. (Sorry for the delayed response.) :wink:

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom