NoCal Volunteers needed for Disabled Veterans SCUBA Project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I need to recruit interested local Northern California volunteers who are willing to donate their time, talent and energy to serving our disabled veterans by teaching them to SCUBA Dive. We need Instructors, DM, Rescue, AOW divers and surface support personnel willing to help. This would be at or near the local Veterans Hospitals of Northern California (see list below). The rules of our 501(c)(3) are simple, no one gets paid, no paid professional fundraisers. Budget is essentially, dive gear rental, dive boat fees, insurance, that pretty much covers it.

The new story at this link will tell you some of what we do
Fellow vets show wounded warriors a new way to heal

Listen to USAF Veteran Kelly M. tell what SCUBA means to her. Paralyzed on active duty 30 years ago rescuing another, who walked away from the incident, and she has never walked again.
YouTube - Kelly's Story

A word about the project
YouTube - Melvin Pasley on why he set up the Disabled Veterans Scuba Project
visit our website for more information at Disabled Veterans SCUBA Project > Home
More photos are available at Flickr: Photos & video from everyone in Flickr/disabledveteransscubaproject

Want to get involved? Contact me at (562) 421-3094 (my work number)
We would like to be able to serve the veterans of the following VA medical facilities
Auburn: Capitola: Eureka: Fairfield: French Camp: Fresno: Livermore: Martinez: Mather: McClellan: Menlo Park: Modesto: Oakland: Palo Alto: Redding: San Francisco: San Jose: Santa Rosa: Seaside: Sonora: Tulare: Ukiah: Vallejo:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom