Non-stop flights from Bali to other dive spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlliCats

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We'll be flying into Bali (Denpasar) during a trip in February. We've done some okay diving that time of year off Bali but are interested in going somewhere else this time. Do you have any specific suggestions of good February diving that is one flight away from Bali? I'm up for one flight plus a couple of hours in a car or on a boat. I've been trying to search on my own and am getting overwhelmed-hopefully some of you have ideas for me. Malaysia, Philippines?
Thanks in advance.

Wakatobi Resort has a private charter plane from Bali to Wakatobi

Wakobi is probably the only one I know of because I've done it and in February (and it was amazing).
Labuan Bajo for Komodo.

Liveaboard or are there decent dive sites accessible by short boat trips and staying on the mainland there?

...Liveaboard or are there decent dive sites accessible by short boat trips and staying on the mainland there?

I did liveaboard there for 3 times. The best one was a 11-day roundtrip Bali-Komodo with Mermaid I. So, no flying is needed.

It saved me 2 days of vacation as I dove a few days in Bali before boarding on the boat. Otherwise it’ll take a day to travel (flying to Labuan Bajo & getting on the boat) and degassing in Bali before flying to Labuan Bajo. We actually dove in Nusa Penida & saw 9 Mola Mola that morning before embarking on Mermaid I in Benoa in the afternoon. One of Mola Mola picture became my Avatar :)

You could try Manado. It's not direct but only one stop. I don't think you get off the plane. From Manado, you can chose to dive either Bunaken or Bangka or Lembeh or all of them. You can do all of them through Murex's Passport to Paradise. Or Bangka by itself or with Lembeh or just Lembeh by itself. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom