Non-stop flights from Bali to other dive spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could also fly to Bima and check out Kalimaya resort for diving.
That said I am not sure about the diving in East Nusa Tenggara (Sumbawa, Komodo, Flores, Alor, etc.) in february, this is really raining season, AFAIK some operations in Alor are even closed at that time of the year.

I would suggest going further east in Central Maluku (Ambon, Banda islands).or to the Philippines.

You could also fly to Bima and check out Kalimaya resort for diving.
That said I am not sure about the diving in East Nusa Tenggara (Sumbawa, Komodo, Flores, Alor, etc.) in february, this is really raining season, AFAIK some operations in Alor are even closed at that time of the year.

I would suggest going further east in Central Maluku (Ambon, Banda islands).or to the Philippines.
We were in Kalimaya in May and the managers said that the rainy season last year was really really really wet...they described pathways turned into streams !

Last edited:
If the weather in Indonesia is too bad , hopefully it won’t be , be aware that Cebu Pacific fly from Bali to Manila three or four times a week and onwards to many great diving destinations in the Philippines. The diving there is excellent IMVHO. Also there are Air Asia flights to KL and via there you can get to several destinations in Thailand, where the weather should be better , but the diving not nearly as good.

Last edited:
We were in Kalimantan in May and the managers said that the rainy season last year was really really really wet...they described pathways turned into streams !
Probably yes... yet I still don't know what is the weather pattern for Bima (Sumbawa/Western Komodo, Kalimaya is not Kalimantan :) ).

Thanks for all the advice so far. We've been to some of these spots, like Bunaken. We don't have a lot of time at this point in traveling which is why I'm looking for non-stop flights to nearby diving that is hopefully new to us. I've not been to the Philippines so am especially interested in advice on a quick trip there from Bali.

In that part of the world, some recent trips (pretty much always Feb/Mar) have been Burma liveaboard from Thailand, Raja Ampat liveaboard from Sorong, Bunaken, Wakatobi hotel, NW Bali near Secret Bay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom