Non weight leg strengthening exercises suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stand with your back against the wall and slid down until your legs are bent 90 degrees at the waist. Hold this position for at least a minute and repeat three times. For more challenge do this same exercise but lift one foot up until that leg is straight out.

Quad sets and leg stretching exercises (especially stretching the hamstrings and calf muscles).

Plyos are seriously the single most time saving, but super effective things I do. I ride and run for endurance, but I plyo for strength.

If you have a road bike, perhaps a cycle trainer?

Stand with your back against the wall and slid down until your legs are bent 90 degrees at the waist. Hold this position for at least a minute and repeat three times. For more challenge do this same exercise but lift one foot up until that leg is straight out.
Scooby would add. Put a stool under you so there is no danger of going too low and over extending. Put a skateboard or similar between you and the wall to ease traveling up and down while leaving you feet and knees out in front of you. Add hand weights as you build strength over time. Videos are available at the link I posted above.

Calf raises, toe raises, deep squats moving to one legged(you don't need weights), straight leg raises and bridges. Some easy adduction and abduction exercises would help. Mix with plyometrics on occasion.

Scooby would add. Put a stool under you so there is no danger of going too low and over extending. Put a skateboard or similar between you and the wall to ease traveling up and down while leaving you feet and knees out in front of you. Add hand weights as you build strength over time. Videos are available at the link I posted above.

That skateboard idea is just the thing to make your walls look great. Afterwards, wipe your perspiration off on the drapes. :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom