Nonprofit GUE has been working to improve the scuba industry for 20 years

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richied

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
They say imitation is a form of flattery.
-
-
Global Underwater Explorers (GUE) has been certifying divers for over 20 years in advanced diver education. As an industry leader we are proud to see more training agencies adopting GUE’s methodology: better awareness of buoyancy and trim for all divers; promotion of standard helium-enriched breathing gases and the elimination of deep air use; enhanced health and fitness requirements. We are proud to be one of the few to require a comprehensive fitness test from instructors, and to prohibit smoking for all GUE certified divers and instructors. We were one of the first in the industry to introduce Nitrox to recreational divers, and the only one to introduce helium breathing mixes to recreational divers. Our Fundamentals program is one of the most emulated programs in the industry.
Explore the source. Enroll in a course or become an instructor for GUE today!
http://bit.ly/GUEinstructor
https://www.gue.com/

my response to your post is that your understanding of divers is flawed
which hopefully is not how your path through dive learning will progress

The response to your post says it all.

They say imitation is a form of flattery.
We were one of the first in the industry to introduce Nitrox to recreational divers, and the only one to introduce helium breathing mixes to recreational divers.

What can I say other than "Bullsh*t"

IANTD; ANDI, and TDI were doing it long before JJ ever thought of forming GUE.

Michael

I held an ANDI nitrox card long before GUE existed. Weird.

I became a TDI Nitrox Instructor in early spring 1995 (TDI Instr #17). Candi and ANDI had been around almost a decade at that point

They were a major force pushing recreational helium use, but so were some other individuals in the industry.

Does GUE pull certs if you occasionally smoke a cigar?

Back
Top Bottom