Normal to bubble?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DSTong

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In the past few months I started to notice that my Waterproof D9X was starting to leak. I thought it was a bad inflator valve so I had it replace but was still leaking. But last week, I flooded bad to the point I had water up to my calf when I got out of my suit. I took it to a local dive shop to have a leak test done and they indicated there appear to be holes all over the body, seams, etc. I contacted Waterproof and they indicated this suit is designed to be breathable so this is normal. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

But the flooding was attributed to the rubber gasket around my inflator valve needing to be reglued.

I always thought the whole concept of a breathable gore-tex type drysuit would have durability and reliability problems, so I’m not surprised in principle. Doesn’t seem to be the fabrics fault in this case though. Does it use some sort of proprietary glue or would a tube of Aquaseal get the job done? You should probably be able to handle basic repairs like this yourself in any case unless you travel with a whole spare suit.

In the past few months I started to notice that my Waterproof D9X was starting to leak. I thought it was a bad inflator valve so I had it replace but was still leaking. But last week, I flooded bad to the point I had water up to my calf when I got out of my suit. I took it to a local dive shop to have a leak test done and they indicated there appear to be holes all over the body, seams, etc. I contacted Waterproof and they indicated this suit is designed to be breathable so this is normal. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

But the flooding was attributed to the rubber gasket around my inflator valve needing to be reglued.

Recommend leak testing your suit yourself to double check what your shop is telling you.

Do you own a cat?

My wife and I used to back-country ski in the Sierra Nevada mountains of california (my god this was in the mid to late 90s, how time flies). We stored our therm-a-rest sleeping pads layed out under our bed. After an exhausting day breaking trail we setup camp, ate, and bedded down for the night. Every hour or so my wife would wake up cold and be pfaffing around with inflating her therm-a-rest. We both had a restless night but it was worse for her. It turns out the cat we had at the time, would hangout under our bed and paw it her therm-a-rest and put a bunch of pin prick like holes it.

Is it possible your drysuit has suffered a similar fate?

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom