Norte vs tropical storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m on the island and everyone here is fully aware of the TS/hurricane. Better off staying away from FB anyway - pure garbage.
Ok, good that it wasn't overlooked. FB has its problems, but I see a lot of people helping others on those two groups.

Yikes! Hope everyone is okay! Making us a bit nervous about our Saturday arrival.

We are heading down Tuesday...anything we should bring to help out?

Jay

We'll know more in 24 hours as these storms sometimes turn just before an expected hit. If it's not a bad hit, then the island could be in great shape for a Saturday arrival.
We are heading down Tuesday...anything we should bring to help out?
I don't think airlines allow chain saws anymore. Let's hope that it's a good time to visit.

Here on Cozumel diving with Aldora. As Zeta approaches, they will try to get in at least a morning dive before the harbor master closes everything. As of 6AM,...all is calm.

7:55 Update. Aldora has canceled all diving for today in anticipation of the approaching Zeta storm. Right now there is no wind at all, with overcast skies. The harbor conditions look OK, but trying to squeeze-in a quick morning dive was probably not a wise idea. Getting back to town from southern dive sites would be problematic, as the wind and sea conditions deteriorate later in the morning. Memo says the governor of QR has declared all businesses close by 2 PM to allow employees time to prepare at home. Bars & restaurants will be closed.But as long as the WiFi stays on at Casa Mexicana, I’m good.

We are set to arrive tomorrow, but looks like ferries may not be running so the bag drag just got a little awkward. Anyone have a recommendation for a hotel close to the ferry pier in Playa?

Damn you 2020...

Jay

We are set to arrive tomorrow, but looks like ferries may not be running so the bag drag just got a little awkward. Anyone have a recommendation for a hotel close to the ferry pier in Playa?

Damn you 2020...

Jay
You are set to arrive in Cancun during or right after a hurricane? The ferry might not be the most challenging aspect of your trip.

You are set to arrive in Cancun during or right after a hurricane? The ferry might not be the most challenging aspect of your trip.
Yup, were watching it. Forecast seems to change every couple of hours. Looks like it is slowing down though...not good for us, or anyone for that matter.

Jay

Back
Top Bottom