Nortes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The reality is: Subtract Hurricane season, then you have Norte Season. Norte's close the port much, much more than hurricanes.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

It's wintertime. We like to leave the US and think we left winter behind, but I have been blown out in many countries this time of year. It still beats whatever Chicago gets that day. :cool:

Well, so far (8:20 pm) it is calm quite calm. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the next 12 hours. By then, the boats will be out...

Well, so far (8:20 pm) it is calm quite calm. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the next 12 hours. By then, the boats will be out...
You know the Harbor Master can call boats back in even after diving has started? Wishing you luck. :thumb:

Yep, but they can't go back in if their divers are in the water...

So... What was the verdict? Did the harbor stay open?
And... Of immensely more important proportion... What is tomorrow looking like?

No, the port was closed. Things started going south (literally, with the wind from the North/Northeast), about midnight or so, and it was really rocking by 3 am. We dove the east side with Aldora. The way the water is looking right now (I'm watching it as I type), I'd say that unless things change a pretty good bit, it will be closed tomorrow as well, unfortunately.

No, the port was closed. Things started going south (literally, with the wind from the North/Northeast), about midnight or so, and it was really rocking by 3 am. We dove the east side with Aldora. The way the water is looking right now (I'm watching it as I type), I'd say that unless things change a pretty good bit, it will be closed tomorrow as well, unfortunately.

Who was the DM, dive sites?
Did you see Sallye?:happywave:

I'm living vicariously through the people on the island as I still have 26 days, long days, till we get there.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom