North Bay Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CathyE

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
Any easy to medium diving in this area? No dry suit, just a 7mm. I will be in the area for the weekend and will have some free time.
Thanks

Hi @CathyE, I lived in North Bay off & on for most of my adult life. To the best of my knowledge, I have never really heard of anybody diving locally. A few friends would dive to put in docks and similar tasks, but no recreational diving to speak of.

Having said that, Lake Nipissing is big but really shallow with depths seldom more than about 50 feet. Trout Lake is much smaller, but it is deep and cold.

IIRC, there is a dive shop in Marten River (about 30 minutes north of town) and the owner frequents Scubaboard. Unfortunately, I can't remember either the name of the dive shop or the "handle" of its owner. I think he teaches in Marten River (the river, not the town), so there must be some sort of diving there.

I wish I could say the diving was great in the Bay and you will love it, but I simply can't.

Thanks @Hoag
I hadn't read about any, but I thought I'd ask.
We are heading up to South River and have some free time. I try to get some late summer local diving in and thought a change from the St. Lawrence would be nice.

I think you are refereeing to me .,,, im in temagami not marten river ...there is a lot of good diving north bay to us here ...I fill all gases up here nitrox to tri mix , and teach most courses on site ....UDT DIVING

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom