North Carolina Newbie Here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sneekichu

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone! Sneekichu here... (Steven, but Sneekichu is my PS4 gamer tag for any gamers out there! Just say scuba if you add me so I know who the request is)

I live around the Raleigh, NC area and my wife and I are recent open water certs. We only have about 6 logged dives and 2 dives of our own just testing equipment we bought. So far we have done the Open water cert and peak performance buoyancy courses. Probably doing Wreck and Deep specialties next.

We bought all our own gear so if anyone is in the area or state diving, Im always willing to join. I do contract work overseas so im typically on a 45 day rotation being home and I plan to dive as much as I can while home! Need to justify all this money I spent lol.

Hope to meet some of you guys one day!

Steven

There are a lot of divers in and around Raleigh. Besides the two quarries Mystery and Fantasy and a couple further away (Bluestone and Phoenix) there are lots of trips to the coast for a variety of dives. Two online groups RAD (Raleigh Area Divers) and DUDC (Down Under Dive Club). RAD is just a trip report and look for buddies group. Quite active. DUDC has meetings and events and is also a source of a lot of chances to find trips. DUDC has an event this Saturday at Mystery Lake Scuba Park. All are welcome. Nonmembers have to chip in $5 for food. This one is 3-9 with dinner at 6, There will be divers there earlier than that. Gypsy also has some events and CDC (Carolina Dive Center) runs charter trips and has quarry events too.

Welcome to the board and diving. I am also in Raleigh.

Welcome to Scubaboard.

I'm in Thomasville, only 4 miles from Blue Stone that Steve C mentioned. If you ever get the notion to head up this way let me know. My wife and I are always ready to meet new dive buddies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom