North Carolina Tooth hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oonej

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey guys,

Just curious on anyones experience diving NC for megs.

Worth it? 20 min dives vs 2 hours in Venice

I am not too sure where you get the 20 minute dive time from unless you are diving the Meg ledge in the ocean. Most of us dive the Cooper River. I had 5 hours underwater in one day.

I am not too sure where you get the 20 minute dive time from unless you are diving the Meg ledge in the ocean. Most of us dive the Cooper River. I had 5 hours underwater in one day.

Hi Tony. It is the ledge. 3 tank charter. Have you done it?

IMG_0377.JPG
I've done a 3 tank charter there...it's worth it. I've never NOT found big teeth on the ledges.

View attachment 430167 I've done a 3 tank charter there...it's worth it. I've never NOT found big teeth on the ledges.

Hi Tom,

My concern is more of
'3 20 min dives on the ledge in NC'
or
'4 charters, 3 tanks @ 30 ft (2 hours each dive) in Venice FL'

for the same price :D

Quality over quantity.

Quality over quantity.

Lol are you saying NC is better quality dives for teeth than Venice? or the teeth in NC are better than Venice? Have you dove Venice?

It's all relative. I have done both, and for me, I tend to find a higher quantity of quality large teeth in NC.

Tom, do you prefer NC over Cooper? I've dove the Cooper and did good. I assume the viz is much better off the coast of NC.
Thanks in advance

Vis is better, currents are 1000% better offshore. Cooper can be amazing, but it's usually zero vis and an unswimmable current. Cooper has higher quality teeth though in my opinion...just cleaner and in better condition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom