North Carolina Wreck Trip?? Aug-Sept 2002

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive2deep

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but this is exactly what I've been looking for.

I am planning a dive trip to the outer banks of North Carolina, and was wondering if anyone else would be interested in seeing the wrecks of "The Graveyard of the Atlantic" I have been there only once, and loved it. If you are a wreck diving fan, or a U-boat enthusiast, than this would be the trip for you. I don't have details yet, but I would organize the whole thing. My good friend and I are planning this, and want to make it bigger. The more the merrier, but we'll limit it to 8 other divers (if it gets that far) due to the fact that I hate cattle boat dives. I already have a dive operator, and boat in mind, but If anyone knows a good one, let me know.

This trip would be in Late August or early September 2002, (that's when water is the warmest there, 3mil wetsuit is all you need, but 7mil is quite toasty), and would be for 3-4 days for a long weekend, but I'm completely flexible.

The U-85 and U-352 are really cool (each is in about 100ft of water to the sand), I've done both, and want to go back. There are also plenty of Artificial reef wrecks there too.

Requirements:

Money.... Self explanitory, probably around $500 or so for lodging, diving, and eating. (not including air, since everyone lives in a different corner of the world here). Final cost will be determined when I have a list of people who want to go

Don't be a newbie, unless you're really confident in your dive skills. The wrecks are deep and the dive operators usually only take AOW certified people, or if your log book looks like an Encyclopedia.

Good sense of Humor.... Sorry no nasty people.

Age not important, but I'm 25, so if that bothers you this is not for you. I'm cool with everyone, especially other divers.

A passion for wrecks, cause if you've seen one reef, you've basically seen em all (basically).

Let me know if this sounds like something you would be interested in. My email is public, but you can PM me, I will also be checking this thread every day to see if anyone wants to go. Again let me say that nothing is cast in stone yet, so we are really flexible on this....

Take care, and dive safe....

One person so far... Great, this will happen....

Jeff, I'm leaving work right now, but will be in touch with you tomorow. I'm glad you want to go, it'll be a blast.

C'mon lets get 3-7 more people, and we're goin' divin'.......

anyone.... anyone....

Did I mention the U-85???? How about the U-352???, Oh yeah, I did.

Just remember that is smack dab in the middle of the hurricane season, so make sure you have an understanding with the boat capt of how you/he handles bad weather. It can get nasty here that time of year.

I once posted a trip to Morehead City, NC for the Labor week a couple of months ago. My group has 12 spots reserved on the Olympus. We still have 3-4 spots left. We will be diving three days. If you are interested, leave me a private message.

Shoot me a PM and we can talk...I am definitely interested and will be ready to go by Aug/Sept. Also looking for local people to buddy up with, so let me know...my gf will also probably be interested, so there's two more...

--Eric

I'd be interested in a trip to NC. I live in the DC area (in Alexandria) and have my PADI AOW certification. The only wreck diving I've done has been when I received my AOW training at the quarry out in Manassas (a sunken school bus isn't quite a U-boat); but wreck diving is one of the specialties I intend to pursue and I have good general diving skills.

I'm 32, and since my wife doesn't dive, I'd be coming by myself. I own a 5mil wetsuit, mask, snorkel and fins, so would need to rent a BC, tanks and reg/AAS.

I'm also looking for a dive buddy from the DC area in general, so anyone can feel free to get in touch with me about that as well.

Back
Top Bottom