North Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knives

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking at heading down to NC in Nov for some diving... can anyone recommend a charter.....?
I have not dove in the area at all, and have no idea where to strart from, am very interested in wrecks......comments anyone?
Thanks ....

NC has a fairly long coast line with 3 basic diving areas. The outter banks, Morehead City area and Wilmington area.
Morehead City area: Olympus and Discovery
Wilmington area : Aquatic Surfaris and Cape Fear Divers.

There are other smaller operators but these are the bigger ones. If you can give us a better idea of what part of the coast you are going to be at, we can give you more specific information.

NC has a fairly long coast line with 3 basic diving areas. The outter banks, Morehead City area and Wilmington area.
Morehead City area: Olympus and Discovery
Wilmington area : Aquatic Surfaris and Cape Fear Divers.

There are other smaller operators but these are the bigger ones. If you can give us a better idea of what part of the coast you are going to be at, we can give you more specific information.

that is part of the problem, It is up to me to plan the trip and I am not sure where to go, We are very interested in wrecks and of course large critters, we have a couple of photograghers in the group as well , what is your favorite place to dive from the NC coast?

What kind of divers are in your group. I think the Wilmington area is better for divers who are just getting their feet wet in the open ocean with dives in the 100'+ range (where a lot of the best stuff is). The Morehead area has more boats (hence more options) and is the place most people hear/read about when they think about NC diving. Wilmington is a real city, with a multitude of amenities. Morehead and Beaufort are a little farther off the beaten path, but not isolated by any means.

If you decide on the Morehead area, GoDiveNC has a nice collection of tips and advice. Wilmington North Carolina Diving is a nice intro to the ILM area.

The weather is always a risk in the fall (and spring....and summer....) so it's nice to have a plan B in mind.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom