North Palmerston - diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

petersk

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know this is short notice, but after a pretty fruitless search and a few emails, I just thought of posting here...
Any good diving in the north palmerston area? (I will do boat, beach, whatever.) Just don't want to get eaten by any sharks...
:)
Kurt

I think you probably mean Palmerston North? Palmerston North is inland (but not that far) an there is good diving in the right conditions off Kapiti Island - a marine reserve - perhaps an hour's drive away - maybe less. I suggest you post your question in this forum or contact one of these dive shops in PN.
Manawatu Dive and Marine
or
Dive HQ Palmerston North
I have not used either of them as it is not my back yard, good luck.

Alison

There is Palmerston in the South Island and Palmerston North in the North Island. Which do you mean?
From what I recall all the dive shops in Palmerston North go to Wellington to dive...Palmerston North is inland and the local coast directly west or east is not too flash...although a few people with their own boat do dive near Riversdale on the west coast.
Sorry but I dont have any personal experience with it.

if you are talking about palmerston north otago i have dived once dwn there about 2yrs ago off shag point 4km off shore theres a big reef coated in crays line yourself up with the 2 points of oamaru and the southern point ????aramoana???? not sure if thats what its called. but its a good spot reef at 25m good luck with the search

Is that where you are from? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom