Not exactly a rescue but sort of. Funny

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Last night was quite interesting.

Four city officers, one of our K-9 units and I were down at the docks where The wife and I own a slip.

We were looking for a WMA with a 50K warrant. Other than us, the dirt-bag and 4 civilians staying on their boats the marina was deserted.

It was windy but not raining when the dog gets Missile Lock on the dirt-bag. We didn’t know it yet but he was two docks and 50 yards away across 100’ deep water. Barren, the K-9, decides to head for the target and goes from one boat swim platform to a dock to a swim platform over and over again until he finds a boat without a swim platform. KERSPLASH.

Without saying a word, the handler who I’m covering now becomes my cover as I dive for Barren. I was able to get a-hold of Barren and pull him up onto the dock only getting my upper body soaked.

Now keep in mind the dog was is Missile Lock wanting to bite someone. Barren gets up on the dock and proceeds to attack me. After about 40 rapid face licks Barren runs to his handler and shakes the water off all over him. He then regains Missile Lock and took out the dirt-bag that went swimming rather than get bite.

Dirt -bag yells for help and I did my usual thing. I told him to swim over to us. He said no, I need help. I say ok, I’ll come get you when you pass out and not before. He swam over, was assisted getting out and was arrested.

While walking back to our cars Barren stuck his nose in the crack of his handler’s butt and took a nip. While we were laughing Barren came to be and licked about an inch of hide off. This dog is great. I would trust him in a room of newborn children without a second thought. But when he bites a dirt-bag it’s hard and deep. He loves crotches. Hehehe.

Gary D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom