Not happy about Mares Force knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One can argue that it is a performance issue. Others can say the knife can't stand the "force" of the water when jumping in. Pardon the pun. In anycase it's a thin line with sheath knives between it falling out beacuse of small force when jumping and strangeling oneself on a fishing line not beeing able to pull the knife strong enough out of its sheath. I prefer it falling out all the time. Tie a lanyard through the (designed) hole on the top of the knife.

I have a Force Bat Titanium and love it - it did come with a clip to clip right on to my bcd though.

Knives are consumables, buy a cheap one for $20 from one of the online stores and plan on replacing it on a regular basis. They disappear from BCs, weight belts, seats, boat decks, picnic tables, gear bags and car trunks. Go cheap

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom