Not Knowing what I don't know...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is good to be concerned about what happens when you get to the beach, or, for that matter, anywhere. Since there is no possible way to forsee everything, I've found asking the question "What is the worst that can happen?" a very useful exercise. If I am willing to accept that then I go ahead with the event. If not; then I don't.

Following that rule there are highways I don't drive on, parts of the country I don't travel to, dive operators I don't use, etc. At the same time I fully understand that living life, not just existing, is an exercise in continuous risk management.

At the same time I fully understand that living life, not just existing, is an exercise in continuous risk management.

That's exactly the term I use when people use the term "risk taker" to describe me and the type of diving I choose to do.

I don't take risks, I train to have the best chance of managing the risks that are already present.

Back
Top Bottom