Not-too-heavy fins for cold water, variety of kicks, and long surface swims?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove F1s for a long time and it seems the newer Deep 6 Eddy fins are slightly less stiff in the water, and significantly lighter in weight than the F1s. As you're just beginning, you may very well go through several sets until you find something that works for you. Different folks -> Different Fins.

Force fin pros

Leaning towards the Deep 6 Eddy fins as the combo of Jet Fin shape with lighter material is appealing. If I ever switch to a drysuit and need heavier fins, that's ok. I expect to be diving wet for quite a while, though.

Can anyone report on how the Eddy fins are for long surface swims on your back?

Leaning towards the Deep 6 Eddy fins as the combo of Jet Fin shape with lighter material is appealing. If I ever switch to a drysuit and need heavier fins, that's ok. I expect to be diving wet for quite a while, though.

Can anyone report on how the Eddy fins are for long surface swims on your back?
I dive Monterey often, eddy fins are my most used and work fine for the long surface swim.

I use DR XTs for wet and Mares Power Planas for dry. I liked the F1s but couldn't get a good fit. The Mares are a very nice, powerful and comfortable fin, a tad lighter than the F1. I'd not use any fins other than those listed above anymore.

Back
Top Bottom