Nudibranch Lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

img_3899_2k-jpg.523143.jpg

Halgerda stricklandi

Pteraeolidia semperi

Phyllidia ocellata

A Red Gilled nudi from earlier this year in the Sechelt inlet, BC, Canada. One of my favorites :)
Thank you for sharing! Those are some of the most amazing nudi photos I've seen. Great photos from an obvious great photographer.

Glaucus Atlanticus
I found this guy washed up on the beach flats after the recent wild weather. Although not an underwater photo I still thought some members may be interested.

This pelagic Nudibranch swims upside down on the surface, has a penis the size of its whole body, eats blue bottles (Portuguese man o war) and can deliver a sting of its own if touched!
This one was found on the Sunshine Coast QLD Australia
D7614B5F-0180-4ED1-B364-C1059A2F7320.jpeg

Last Friday I was entertained by this Caloria militaris at a dive site we call "3 Cars" off the east coast of UAE near Kalba.

FUJ_4169MCsig-M.jpg

FUJ_4171MCsig-M.jpg

FUJ_4172MCsig-M.jpg

FUJ_4173MCsig-M.jpg

(been a very long time since I've posted here) Beach dive today in Hollywood. Buddy a nudi hunter.. Oh, that's how to hunt them.! Saw so many different kinds...

Tethys fimbria - by far the strangest and largest nudi I've seen and photographed:

upload_2019-8-10_22-19-41.jpeg

upload_2019-8-10_22-19-54.jpeg

Although the whole point of this dive was to look for nudies, I couldn't believe this was a nudie. In fact I had no clue whatsoever what this could have been until I posted it online for ID.

Souda Bay, Chania, Greece. Depth 30m on sandy/muddy bottom, 21oC, length of ~30cm.

A few from Hawaii. All but the Halgerda were taken this spring and summer while snorkeling at Kawaihae Harbor on the Big Island.

dkrusensternii_1.jpg

Dendrodoris krusensternii

trembling22_dxo.jpg

Chromodoris vibrata, a Hawaiian endemic

kahuna.jpg

Thorunna kahuna, the Kahuna nudi, another endemic

goldlace1_dxo_1.jpg

Free-swimming Halgerda terramtuentis, endemic

caloriasp31_dxo.jpg

This is either a Caloria indica or an un-named Caloria species. The authoritative seaslugsofhawaii.com says that C. indica usually has orange-tipped rhinophores and lacks the reddish blotches on the sides seen in this specimen, but it's unclear if this just constitutes two color forms of indica or this is a different species.

Back
Top Bottom