Nudibranch Lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last dive of the year yesterday and I found this newly described species Phestilla goniophaga .... really made my day, plus it was laying eggs :D

FUJ_6569Csig-M.jpg

That is so cool! Where were you diving?

Thanks. We were off the east coast of UAE just north of Khorfakkan in he Gulf of Oman.

Edited to add a link to the publication;

Thanks. We were off the east coast of UAE just north of Khorfakkan in he Gulf of Oman.

Edited to add a link to the publication;
That is really exciting. On iNaturalist there have only been five sightings in the past eight years. Since yours was laying eggs, there are at least two in your area.

Since yours was laying eggs, there are at least two in your area.

That's what I was thinking too :wink:

Does anyone here have the email address of David W. Behrens, Terrence Gosliner or Angel Valdes?

On iNaturalist there have only been five sightings in the past eight years.

Oh thanks for that link to iNaturalist.

Nice illustrations. Yes, nudis have weird anatomies. As you point out, the anus of dorids can be either by the reproductive opening or in the center of the branchial plume, as with this Hypselodoris infurcata shown taking a dump:

paintedanus_DxO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom