O-ring grease for Sport Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mullannix930

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got my replacement Sport Pro in the mail. I now have a question. Where can I get the silicone grease for the O-ring? I have a dive in the morning, and there are no dive shops within 2 hrs of me. Is ther another place to find the lube for the o-ring? I will get some intova grease ordered next week, but need something to hold me till then.

Good divers will have some suitable lube in their save-a-dive kit. Ask your buddy or other divers at the site.

I am the only one who has a camera. I don't know if any of the others have any.

---------- Post added June 21st, 2013 at 11:40 AM ----------

I'm just wondering if silicone grease from like an Autoparts or hardware store is safe for the intova rings, for short term use.

Other sources of silicone grease should work fine as long as there is no petroleum or aerosol involved. There are many more uses for such grease than just a UW camera. I carry both silicon and O2 compatible grease in my save-a-dive kit. primarily for o-rings. Also great if you have a pair of booties that are a bit tight in the fin foot pocket.

Hi Mullannix930,
Standard Silicone grease will be fine. Do not over lubricate as that can cause leakage. Grease is just to stop O-Ring from drying out and cracking. There should be no excess grease on O-Ring.
Best Regards,
Joe Ganahl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom