O-ring question (YS-17 and YS-110 TTL)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rikard

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
My first post here. First off, please be patient with my english since it's not my native language.

I have two types of S&S strobes, the YS-17 and the YS-110 TTL.
I am about to order a new o-ring for my YS-17 since I don't have anyone in spare.
Though I measured one from each type of my strobes, and I found the measures to be the very much the same, which leads to my question: Are the o-rings identical, or is there a small difference between them?

The thing is that I have 3 spare o-rings for my YS-110 strobes, and perhaps I can use one of them to my YS-17 instead of ordering a new ones.

Thanks in advance for any answers,
Rikard

HI-
The YS-17 o-ring set is #62142 and is not the same as the YS-110 (#10580).
The YS-110 o-ring is shared by the YS-90 series, YS-01, YS-02, YS-27, YS-30 however.

Thanks for the answer Sea&Sea,
Ok, the right thing to do is off course to use the correct o-rings for my respective strobes.
I would never forgive myself if I flooded a strobe due to ignorance. Once again, thanks for your answer!

Best regards,
Rikard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom