O-ring shearwater Petrel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

absalon

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know the size of the o-ring on the battery cap of the Petrel?

Regards

Henrik​

E-mail Shearwater...their customer service is outstanding.

Hi Henrik,

The O ring for the Petrel battery cap is ½" x 3/32" , 112 Buna-N 70.

You might see this referred to as "AS568A Dash Number 112". Material is Buna-N 70.

Best regards,
Tyler Coen
Shearwater Research

Sorry for bringing up this thread, but was just researching this for my new petrel coming in. This thread is proof in the genius of Shearwater Research. For anyone who hasn't realized this, 112 O-rings are the same O-rings on the back of your din regulators which every tech diver carries a bag of just in case. Utter brilliance!

Sorry for bringing up this thread, but was just researching this for my new petrel coming in. This thread is proof in the genius of Shearwater Research. For anyone who hasn't realized this, 112 O-rings are the same O-rings on the back of your din regulators which every tech diver carries a bag of just in case. Utter brilliance!

I just bought a Petrel and I was wondering about this. I thought it might be the same size but wasn't sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom