O-Rings for Pentax O-WP2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FritzCat66

Florida Reef Cat
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My understanding is that Sea & Sea was the OEM for the Pentax-branded O-WP2 housing for their S4i and S5i cameras.

If so, is there any way to obtain a replacement o-ring from you guys? Pentax no longer has any (yes, I called them directly).

If not, is there any way to obtain the engineering specs for the o-ring so I can find a third-party supplier with an equivalent?

HI-
We do not have information on the Pentax products, however, we have sent an inquiry to Japan requesting more information. Once we receive a reply, we will follow-up.

You guys are the best! Thank you... this is my last desperate attempt to find replacement o-rings. Would hate to have my otherwise-perfectly-functional housing become unusable just for lack of o-rings!

HI-
Unfortunately, we do not have good news. Japan is unable to provide/does not have any of the Pentax housing information available since they have not been produced for several years. We are sorry that we can't provide o-ring size or additional information.

Disappointing, but thank you immensely for trying. Perhaps I can find a third-party provider. I can measure the o-ring, but can you at least tell me what material most of your o-rings are made of? The Pentax o-ring feels very similar to my DX-1G's and is that same Sea & Sea blue-purple color.

HI-
The o-rings used are silicone based, any that you source need to be sea water compatible. Our apologies that we could not further help.

Thank you, Sea & Sea, and thanks also to the folks who have pm'd me with help. For reference, the part number for the specific o-ring in question is the Pentax WP-OR2 o-ring for the Pentax O-WP2, which is the factory underwater housing for the Pentax S4i and Pentax S5i cameras.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom