Oahu Dive recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want a small boat, make sure you ask specific questions, and make sure you are getting recommendation that’s not just based on somebody’s friend or business alliance. Ask max capacity for the boat, and if you have something specific you want to see, be specific.

I booked a trip who told me they would take me to see the Corsair, then took an informal vote once we were underway. All the local divers said was worth “seeing once” and voted down the only reason I paid for that trip.

Another charter turned out to be sort of a “cattle” boat, and I was not careful enough to ask max capacity, and just booked based on a recommendation.

Dove with Aloha scuba just by chance, I just happened to walk by Justin, who was washing down his boat as I was wandering around Waikiki, and ended up going out with them (Aloha scuba) the following day. I had a great time. If I ever go back to Honolulu, I will be giving him a call!

If you're looking for something different, we do double wreck dives in AM on nitrox, and 3 tank dives on Sunday. We also run a wreck follow by a drift from Hawaii Kai.

I can vouch for Island Diver Hawaii's double wreck out of Kewalo Basin (near Waikiki) and their Sunday three tanker. I've done both trips multiple times, and both are great experiences. As a matter of fact, I'm booked on the three tanker this weekend. I've done 22 dives with Island Diver Hawaii since July, and plan to continue to use them as my primary operator for Oahu boat dives.

Back
Top Bottom